Advocacy - Ready, willing, and able.
St. Coletta of Wisconsin finds ourselves in a similar position to many other service providers in our industry. The cost of caring for our individuals far outweighs the proper reimbursement level through state-funded agencies like the Department of Health Services (DHS) and Medicaid.
2019 Talking Points for Legislatures
- No measurable increase in State reimbursement rates for 10 years.
- Wage inflation increased 30% during that same 10 years (that gap represents $1.8 million and growing).
- Low unemployment/wage inflation creating a Direct Support Professional (DSP) staffing crisis, nationwide.
- DSP work is increasingly more technical and requires experienced staff.
- Competitive entry level employment pays $13.00+ an hour in retail and other businesses – Wisconsin funding for DSPs pays approximately $10.30 an hour.
- Providers are struggling significantly while Managed Care Organizations (MCO’s) are producing profits.
Family Advocacy Sites
- National DD Council
- Wisconsin Board for People with Developmental Disabilities
- Illinois Council on DD
- National ARC
- Wisconsin ARC Chapter
- Illinois ARC Chapter
- National Disability Rights
- Disability Rights Wisconsin
- Equip for Equality
- ANCOR Advocacy